This recipe for No Bake Lemon Cheesecake with condensed milk is just sensational and so crazily easy it is perfect for times of children induced stress where you want something fabulous but feel like mostly sitting in the corner ramming crisps in your mouth. I cannot recommend it enough.
This weekend I actually braved the supermarket with my two kids. I wished I hadn’t. They fought like catty women at a sale. I lost the will to live in the Home Baking, Bread, Meat and Frozen Vegetable Aisles. God it was intense. Occasionally I do feel an overwhelming desire to drop kick my kids into the waist high open freezers on top of the cauliflower florets and sliced carrots . I then imagine leaving them to vegetable frostbite in order to teach them a lesson whilst dodging the security guards and legging it swiftly to a beautiful, sunny meadow where I can doze in the sunshine and talk to the tame wildlife that come to nibble from my beautifully manicured hands………..
Shopping bought as well as a whole carrier bag full of crisps. (Don’t judge it was one of those days) I drove like a lunatic home whilst trying to deep breathe and remember their numerous virtues. Netflix saved the next couple of hours and I most thankfully grabbed the opportunity to sit alone, ram the rest of the crisps in my mouth and regroup. That night after half a bottle of wine I was able to psycho stare at them as usual whilst they slept and feel my heart burst with love instead of murderous intent……this Lemon cheesecake helped….a lot.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe.
It is not often in life you can get a large result for little effort but this is one of those rare occasions people. Please understand that I am extremely genuine when I say it is not only incredible but incredibly simple too. This Lemon Cheesecake recipe is THE best Lemon Cheesecake recipe, soused in cream I want no other.
I use my food processor to crush the biscuits but crushing them in a plastic bag or similar will work just as well albeit with a little more effort.
Use a spoon to smooth the biscuity rubble evenly over the base of the dish and a little up the edge. Make the ginger biscuit base first and chill until hard. I often put it in the freezer for 10 minutes but the fridge for 30 minutes is fine too.
I also use a free standing mixer for the whisking but an electric hand held whisk will do the job too. Whisk all the filling ingredients together at the same time until thick and dollop it on to the biscuit base. Smooth the filling all over with a spatula……… Jobs a good’un. It COULDN’T be any easier. It’s just bonkers.
Leave it for a few hours. To speed the setting up you can put it in the freezer for an hour.
How to Store Lemon Cheesecake
It will sit in the fridge happily for leftovers. I go back for more for 3 days or so. I make sure I cover it with clingfilm. You can freeze it easily. Simply put it in a stout container/tupperware and freeze for up to a month. Remove from the container to thaw. I put it onto a serving dish and leave it to come to room temperature.
- Measuring Jug
- Digital Scales
- Juicer for the lemons
- Food Processor or rolling pin and plastic bag
- Free Standing Mixer or Electric Whisk
- Flan Dish – mine is 23 cm
I have also published this recipe in the Huffington Post
- 3 large Lemons 200 mls juice
- 200 mls double cream
- 1 tin condensed milk 397 grams
- 180 grams full fat cream cheese
- 200 grams ginger biscuits
- 80 grams unsalted butter melted
- Crush the biscuits well and add the butter. I do this in my food processor.
- Tip the buttery crumbs into the dish you are using. Mine is 23 cm wide but don't sweat a cm smaller or so.
- Push them all firmly flat with the back of a spoon or your fingers. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Juice the lemons and tip into a large bowl along with all the remaining ingredients and whisk until it all considerably thickens. I use a free standing mixer which makes this bit even easier but a handheld electric whisk will do the job too. It needs to be very thick.
- Dollop it onto the base and smooth over with a spatula. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours or so.
- Apply to Murderous Face for genuine serenity and bliss.
Here are some other simple and DELICIOUS make ahead dessert recipes –
I have linked this Lemon Cheesecake post with Cook,Blog,Share with Jacqui over at https://recipesmadeeasy.co.uk,Recipe of the Week with Emily over at https://amummytoo.co.uk and Brilliant Blog Posts over at https://honestmum.com