Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
This Slow Cooker Chicken Curry is really simple and just delicious. Put all the ingredients in and flick the switch. Four hours later you have an incredible mid week meal or easy weekend fakeaway.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 large white onion
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 2 heaped tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 400 mls chicken stock
- 200 mls natural yoghurt full fat
- 1 tsp salt
Cut up the chicken breasts into big chunks of about 5cm ish. Put them in the slow cooker bowl.
Chop up the onion finely and place in the slow cooker bowl along with the spices, salt, chutney,almonds,garlic and stock. Give it a gentle swirl about.
Cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
When ready to serve stir through the yoghurt.
Apply To Bad Mum Face
- If the curry is a little too thin tip a stirred mixture of 2 tbsp of corn flour and 4 tbsp cold water into the pot and leave to simmer 5 minutes or so.
- Add chopped dried apricots or sultanas and some flaked almonds if you like them.
- Add hotter curry powder if you prefer it.
- You can use reduced fat yoghurt but it will not be as creamy and maybe thinner.
- Once cooled and covered it can be frozen for yet another quick mid-week meal.
- This recipe can also be cooked on the hob over a gentle heat for 1-2 hours. Stir from time to time.
- This recipe too can be cooked in the oven in a 150 C/300 F/Gas Mark 2 for 2 hours in a casserole pot with a lid.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 924mg | Potassium: 836mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 3mg