Banoffee Cupcakes are a cup cake of wonder. Just a perfect combo of banana toffee love. Who wouldn't say no? The whole toffee/banana flavour is positively dreamy.
Well I have survived the Centre Parcs obligatory poolside daily walk of shame over the weekend. I do feel quite triumphant I must admit, with stomach drawn tightly in and legs clamped together in an attempt to minimise wobbling, I shuffled and gasped myself from ride to ride in order to provide warm memories and bonding with my off the chart excited children and how could I not?
It is a fun fest of mighty proportions if you're a kid and I was determined to not let my embarrassment get in their way. So I had no choice but to wrestle myself into that reinforced fronted blue and white paisley swimming costume with high leg, the only one I could find up to the job despite the hideous eighties pattern and inadvisable cut, and brave those overcrowded, fight for your life/cubicle, cave like changing rooms. I am convinced there are stalagmites in the corners............
And so it was that I found myself attempting to breathe shallowly and imagining a pencil between my legs poolside, looking down into some seriously animated and joyous faces. With a stiffening of my newly plucked for the holiday upper lip, I minced as purposely as possible towards the Rapids, ignoring all the sniggering and raucous laughter, imagined or not, in my wake..... It was my virgin ride on this bad boy,.............and I hoped he would be gentle with me....he wasn't................
For the love of God! How is that damn ride allowed in this age of health and safety?????? There isn't even anyone filtering people in one at a time.......I lost complete control of my body at the first bend and it very quickly became ugly.........I seemed to spend most of it with my nether regions in people's faces no matter how hard I tried to right myself.....My high legged but reinforced swimsuit disappeared up my crotch and I am convinced that at least ten people saw my cervix........I am not joking.
On top of that I nearly drowned...twice. I'm going on trip advisor to suggest they provide shorts and a rubber ring for all middle-aged ladies. That's got to be a good idea for everyone.
Banoffee Cupcake Recipe
This recipe for Banoffee Pie CupCakes has gone down a storm in my post Centre Parcs house. They have provided a welcome lift in the inevitable come down. My children seem to love all things that include baked banana. My Banana Bread recipe is another favourite.
I have engaged the help of my children in baking these little beauties. They are now able to break eggs without mini explosions and mix stuff without spilling it everywhere. Consequently most were eaten before the photo shoot but I managed to put myself between the children and the wire rack just in time to rescue six or so. The result is a banoffee cupcake delicious combo of fudge and baked banana....heaven.
Here are some more gorgeous Cupcake recipes.
- 80 grams unsalted butter soft
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 240 grams self raising flour
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 240 mls semi or whole milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams fudge pieces I buy fudge sprinkles from supermarkets but you could chop fudge up finely.
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams icing sugar
- 4 tbsps dulche de leche
- fudge pieces to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 190 C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Using a free standing mixer with the paddle attachment or hand held electric whisk, beat together the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder and salt until the mixture looks like sand.
- In a jug measure out the milk and then whisk in the eggs and caramel extract. Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix well for a couple of mins.
- Mash the bananas and add to the mixture along with the fudge pieces. Mix well with a wooden spoon or suchlike.
- Fill the paper cases about ¾ full and bake for around 20/25 mins or until slightly golden and springy to the touch.
- Leave in the tray for five mins before putting them on a wire tray to cool.
- I simply put the butter ,sugar and caramel in a food processor and whizz like a bitch until combined.
- Decorate your cupcakes as the moment takes you and don't forget the fudge sprinkles.
- Apply to pained face.
All nutritional information is approximate and intended only as a guide.
PIN ME FOR LATER!
I have linked this post with Friday Frolics and Baking Crumbs.