AD – this is a paid partnership post for HELLO FRESH
A Cheeseburger in our house is pretty much guaranteed to get cheers all round, and this recipe was no exception. Served with wedges and a simple salad, it is perfect midweek food for the family as well as a tasty treat for two.
AD – this is a paid partnership post for Hello Fresh
My whole family loves a good cheeseburger but it is sometimes easier to give in and get one Takeaway style than rustle one up in a drive by instant. However I am now converted. This recipe just uses simple ingredients and the flavours come together to make a really, really good tasty burger without hardly any of the faff I thought it would actually require.
On top of that by using Hello Fresh ingredients it all comes packaged exactly in the right amounts required. It is practically an assembly job and, genuinely, I felt it was super easy to throw together. The most technically difficult bit was slicing the wedges.....I know!
HOW DOES HELLO FRESH WORK?
- Choose your meals with easy to follow recipes every week from menus that can be customised. You can cancel or skip a week to suit your itinerary.
- There are different menu boxes to suit different lifestyles and preferences.
- The ingredients are fresh and seasonal
- The recipes cater for different sized families.
The recipes have detailed instructions for even the most amateur of cooks and there are step by step photos to show you exactly how. The recipes have even been tested 200 times to ensure they are tasty as well as easy to prepare.
The ingredients come in recyclable packaging and obviously waste is zero.
RECIPE BOXESThere are 4 main Hello Fresh Recipe Boxes
- Veggie Box - A wide variety of meals full of fresh, seasonal vegetables.
- Meat & Veggies Box - The widest variety of meat, fish, and seasonal produce.
- Rapid Cook Box - A wide selection of fresh meals ready in 20 minutes or less.
- Family Box - Children-tested recipes that make quick, easy-to-cook meals.
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
There is an excellent Recipe Hub on the site that shows you the most popular recipes. These are the most tried and tested by customers that keep coming back for more with their menu choices. The selection stretches from family table to dinner party table and a whole lot more in between.
I love that these recipes are seemingly endless. That helps me accomodate everyone in my rather picky family, and that is really saying something.
Hello Fresh were unable to supply me with a box so I bought my own ingredients, but I have actually joined the scheme and get my first delivery next week. I was just so impressed with the range of recipes and easiness that having everything delivered to your door affords.
The Cheeseburger and wedges recipe that I chose was absolutely outstanding. The burger was extremely tasty and super simple to make.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and coat in a little olive oil and sea salt.
- Meanwhile, pop the beef mince into a mixing bowl with the ketchup, panko breadcrumbs, hard Italian cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix together with your hands until completely combined, then shape into burger patties, one per person, about 2 cm thick.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the burgers and lower the heat to medium. Cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, turn carefully once or twice. This should take 12-14 mins in total.
- Top the burgers with a ¼ of the grated cheddar cheese and cover the frying pan. Leave to the side, while the cheese melts, 5 mins. Halve the buns and put them on the middle shelf of your oven to warm for 3-4 mins.
- Prepare the salad and mix the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the dressing and mix to coat.
- Spread a little mayo on the bottom of each bun and make up the burgers. Serve with the wedges and salad. If you like this recipe then you may like these other delish dishes.
Cheeseburger and Wedges
- 480 grams beef mince the best quality you can
- 900 grams potatoes
- 20 grams hard cheese such as parmesan
- 50 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 80 grams ketchup
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 60 grams cheddar
- ½ medium cucumber
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium baby gem lettuces
- 2 tbsp clear runny honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 large burger buns
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C/425°F/Gas Mark 7 Slice the potatoes into wedges and coat in a little olive oil (2 tbsp) and sea salt. There is no need to peel the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, pop the beef mince into a mixing bowl with the ketchup, panko breadcrumbs, hard Italian cheese and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix together with your hands until completely combined, then shape into burger patties, one per person, about 2cm thick.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the burgers and lower the heat to medium. Cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, turn carefully once or twice. This should take 12-14 mins in total. Make sure the burgers are cooked completely through.
- Top the burgers with a ¼ of the grated cheddar cheese and cover the frying pan (large plate or lid). Leave to the side, while the cheese melts, 5 mins. Halve the buns and put them on the middle shelf of your oven to warm for 3-4 mins.
- Prepare and chop the salad and mix 2 tbsp of olive oil with 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, the dressing ingredients, season and together. Pour over the dressing and mix to coat.
- Spread a little mayo on the bottom of each bun and make up the burgers. Serve with the wedges and salad.
- Apply To Unstressed Face.
All nutritional information is approximate and intended only as a guide.
Do let me know how you got on in the comments below or tag me in your social media posts. I love a good old hairy chin wag.
It looks delicious! I love a good homemade burger and Hello Fresh definitely make it easy for people who are not always confident about cooking but still want to cook.
Thank you. I so agree. Their recipes are always tasty but simple.
Nothing beats a burger and wedges in our house! This looks great.
Mine too! Big grins all round. I really didn't realise I could do it so easily!x
Jacqui – Recipes Made Easy:Only Crumbs Remain
Move aside and just pass one over now please. They look totally delcious. Cant beat a goof homemade burger.
It's such a family favourite isn't it? I have to admit I am completely converted.x
I love burgers and wedges, these look so simple to make with lots of yummy exras.
Thanks Janice, it was just so tasty! Will def be making this regularly x
My kids most requested meal! You can't beat a homemade burger and chips #CookBlogShare
The same here! I literally will be making my own every week x
Those potatoe wedges look so simple to make, and they look delicious!!! I love that they're baked and not fried. Healthy and tasty, just the way I like them!
They're soooo good! Thank you. I love how low effort they are too.x
You know I'd throw some cheeky bacon in there too right!!!!
And the rest!!!! You're the girl. Thanks Chloe x
Cat | Curly's Cooking
I can never understand why people buy burgers - homemade ones like this always taste better. Yum!
Thanks Cat! I made them up last week and took them away with us in the caravan. I'm going to do the same this weekend. So simple to chuck on the griddle outside x