But first……some slimming euphoria…….
I am euphoric.Yet another roll of blubber has shuffled off its mortal coil. I am now left with one big, lone roll swinging wildly around my mid riff. Hooray! Like a phoenix I am finally and in the eleventh hour, rising from the ashes of middle age.
I am aware that the harsh reality is that I can never recapture the taut, dewy, soft skin of my younger days. How Lulu has managed it is a matter between her and the devil.
No matter how many times I sniff my children there is no magic elixir of youth for me, yet I am still overjoyed at the departing bulbous blubber. I had honestly begun to feel that all hope was lost and I was destined to become as wide as I was tall and my appendages covered in terribly unsightly lumpy bits for ever.
Who would have thought that pure abstinence could quell the cravings that have dominated the thoughts of a long and well established fattie for at least the last ten years.
It is nothing less than a phenomenon. Am I a reformed character for ever. Is the bingeing finally over for me? Or are you always only a Jammy Dodger away from relapse? One day at a time fat b.tch …………..
Easy Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
However I still get a huge amount of food love from baking for my children. I managed to just have one nibble of these babies and they were super lush.
It really is the most fabulous chocolate cupcake recipe. Moist , chocolatey and literally dripping with chocolate. I have recently found my children go nuts for any baking with milk chocolate in it and bizarrely there are not too many recipes out there.
So I twiddled a chocolate cupcake recipe originally made with dark chocolate icing. It wasn’t exactly brain surgery but I did feel wonderfully smug when my son went absolutely potty for these Milk Chocolate Fondant Cup Cakes proclaiming that these were the best Chocolate Cupcakes ever. Bloody Well Done Me….
I make the cupcake batter and put it in a jug for easy peasyness….
I scoop out a small hole in the top and spoon in some icing before putting the cake hat back on.
I then ice the cupcakes with the milk chocolate icing and sprinkle on Flake bars or whatever floats your chocolate boats.
Try these popular recipes
Milk Chocolate Fondant CupCakes
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 80 grams unsalted butter softened
- 280 grams caster sugar I use golden caster sugar
- 200 grams self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 240 mls semi skimmed milk
Filling and Frosting
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 200 mls double cream
- Make the icing first to allow it to cool completely in the fridge for a couple of hours to thicken up enough to hold its shape. Break the chocolate up and place in a bowl. Heat the cream up in a saucepan to near boiling point. Immediately pour over chocolate and gently stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Cover, cool a little and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C and fill a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Using a hand held electric whisk or free standing mixer mix the flour, cocoa, butter, sugar and salt on a slow speed until it is a sandy rubble and no lumps of butter are present.
- Measure out the milk in a jug and then add the eggs and mix well. Still on slow speed pour 3/4 of the wet ingredients into the bowl until well incorporated. Then scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the rest of the liquid before turning up the speed to medium until the mixture is a smooth batter.
- I put the batter into a jug to make it much easier to fill the paper cases about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until springy to the touch.Leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool use a tea spoon to remove a spoon full of cake about 3mm deep and 3mm wide.Quite a big chunk really.Using another tea spoon fill the hole 3/4 full with icing.Cut off the corresponding cake chunk to allow it to sit comfortably back on top of the hole. Cover the cakes with a generous dollop of milk chocolate icing and sprinkle with flaky chocolate,
- Apply to gorgeous children's faces.
I have linked this post with Cook Blog Share at https://www.easypeasyfoodie.com