This Easy Butter Chicken recipe is absolutely divine. The flavours are deep, buttery and quite frankly to die for. It is always a huge crowd pleaser and just perfect for easy entertaining. It is one of my absolute faves.
This beautiful, warming curry is one of my absolute favourites. I make it as a family curry and as a dinner party meal. It always has rave reviews. This is the butter chicken recipe that I make on a Saturday morning and reheat along with Garlic Naan Breads when I am feeling a Fakeaway vibe.
It is deep but moreish and tastes as if the flavours and spices have been developing for a week. There is no need to marinate just bring it all together and simmer.
It is both simple and delicious and perfect for a family meal or a gathering of friends. I always tend to make it ahead and reheat just beforehand and, as is usually the case, it is a whole load of better for it.
I make mine with chicken fillets or chicken breasts but I know it is advised to use the darker meat for optimum flavour but it does nothing for me. I am a breast girl always. Feel free though to use chicken thighs.
It is also a great leftover chicken recipe. Winner Winner….
Butter Chicken Curry Recipe
This Butter Chicken really is super delicious but I have found it must be spiced carefully. Too much and the incredible flavour of the butter can be lost.
I am a complete wimp where heat is concerned so I add chilli conservatively here. I serve it with Basmati rice and home made Naan-recipe to follow. God it is absolutely and incredibly lush.
- Firstly brown the chicken pieces and set aside. You are simply wanting a little colour from the browning. It helps with the flavour.
- Next soften the onion and garlic in the same pan and add the spices to the oniony mix. Fry these off for a few minutes before adding your passata and simmering away for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and yoghurt, put the chicken back in and simmer again for another 15 minutes. Add the remaining butter and you are ready to serve. It’s that simple.
- If you want to serve at another time allow it to cool and then refrigerate until required. Heat through until piping hot. I actually think that it is almost better for standing a day or so.
- I have made it with left over chicken usually from a roast chicken. I make the sauce from start to finish and then add the chicken pieces and heat through until piping hot.
It is extremely simple to make and fabulous as dinner party food or a fakeaway at the weekend. Every one I have ever served it to just swoons. I quite often make it ahead a day or so. It is exactly the sort of sensational food I love to cook.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE FOR BUTTER CHICKEN THEN YOU MAY LIKE THESE
Perfect with this are my Homemade Garlic Naans.
Easy Butter Chicken
This easy Butter Chicken recipe delivers a sensational curry every time. It is a warmly spiced, mellow curry with a divine, buttery an deep tomato sauce. Served with Basmati rice and home made Naan it is the dogs.
- 1 kg mini chicken fillets or fillets
- 500 mls tomato passata.
- 1 tbsp garam marsala
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder add more to suit
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 150 mls double cream
- 150 mls natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100 gms butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
Brown all the chicken pieces in a very large saucepan, I used a large casserole pan, in a couple of tbsps of butter and a splosh of oil. Best to do so in batches and set aside. It does not matter that it isn't cooked through as it's just the colour we are after.
Blitz the onion and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. In the frying pan that you browned the chicken in melt 2 more tbsps of butter and another splosh of oil. Add the blitzed onion and garlic and simmer gently until soft.
Add 1 tbsp of garam masala, ½ tsp mild chilli powder, ½ cayenne pepper and cook through for a couple of mins.
Pour in the passata and bring to a gentle simmer. Add 150 mls double cream and 150 grams of yoghurt and mix well. Add 1 rounded tsp sugar. Add the chicken pieces and simmer gently for fifteen minutes. Finally add the remaining butter and gently stir through.
Season carefully to taste.
Apply to buttery Face
This recipe feeds 6 but if you were doing it for 8 just add another 300g of chicken in as the sauce is bountiful enough already for 8.
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Do let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love a good old hairy chin wag.