This recipe for No Bake Lemon Cheesecake with condensed milk is just sensational and so crazily easy it is perfect for times of children induced stress where you want something fabulous but feel like mostly sitting in the corner ramming crisps in your mouth. I cannot recommend it enough.
Lemon Cheesecake is about as crowd pleasing as Sticky Toffee Pudding in my experience. I have always had a bit of a thing for the whole ginger and lemon cheesecake thing too.
So having this recipe here on my site was always going to be one of the first things I was going to do when I started out. Especially as it’s a flipping fabulous recipe. One of my very best in fact.
I use condensed milk to sweeten and thicken the cheesecake filling along with the cream and the cream cheese. It is the stuff of the easypeasy.
I also use ginger biscuits for the base an absolute perfect pairing with the lemon. They have the most insane chemistry together.
How Do I Make No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
It is not often in life you can get a large result for little effort but this is one of those rare occasions people. Please understand that I am extremely genuine when I say this recipe is not only incredible but incredibly simple too.
- I use my food processor to crush the biscuits but crushing them in a plastic bag or similar will work just as well albeit with a little more effort.
- Use a spoon to smooth the ginger biscuit rubble evenly over the base of the dish and a little up the edge.
- Chill until hard. I often put it in the freezer for 10 minutes but the fridge for 30 minutes is fine too.
- I also use a free standing mixer for the whisking but an electric hand held whisk will do the job too.
- Whisk all the filling ingredients together at the same time until thick and dollop it on to the biscuit base.
- Smooth the filling all over with a spatula……… Jobs a good’un.
- Leave it in the fridge for a few (3 to 4) hours.
- To speed the setting up you can put it in the freezer for an hour.
How to Store Lemon Cheesecake
It will sit in the fridge happily for leftovers.
I go back for more for 3 days or so. I make sure I cover it with clingfilm.
You can freeze it easily. Simply put it in a stout container/tupperware and freeze for up to a month.
Remove from the container to thaw.
I put it onto a serving dish and leave it to come to room temperature.
- Measuring Jug
- Digital Scales
- Juicer for the lemons
- Food Processor or rolling pin and plastic bag
- Free Standing Mixer or Electric Whisk
- Flan Dish – mine is 23 cm
I have also published this recipe in the Huffington Post
IF YOU LIKE THIS LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE THEN YOU MAY LIKE THESE
- 3 large Lemons 200 mls juice
- 200 mls double cream
- 1 tin condensed milk 397 grams
- 180 grams full fat cream cheese
- 200 grams ginger biscuits
- 80 grams unsalted butter melted
- Crush the biscuits well and add the butter. I do this in my food processor.
- Tip the buttery crumbs into the dish you are using. Mine is 23 cm wide but don't sweat a cm smaller or so.
- Push them all firmly flat with the back of a spoon or your fingers. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Juice the lemons and tip into a large bowl along with all the remaining ingredients and whisk until it all considerably thickens. I use a free standing mixer which makes this bit even easier but a handheld electric whisk will do the job too. It needs to be very thick.
- Dollop it onto the base and smooth over with a spatula. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours or so.
- Apply to Murderous Face for genuine serenity and bliss.