This White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake is absolutely and incredibly gorgeous. A bit of a fanfare but so well deserved here. It is creamy with white chocolate and sweet cream cheese, studded with raspberries and supported deliciously by a custard cream biscuit base. The whole thing just works baby.
I would never choose white chocolate over milk or dark. My children feel differently but I have always found it a little too sickly.
However in this White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake it is just the most perfect backdrop to bright bursts of raspberries and mellow custard cream base.
I have to stop myself scoffing it all by giving it away if I am left alone with any leftovers. It is just sooooo good, so good.
What’s more it is make ahead and I find it just as good two days after I have made it. I had to wait 48 hours to get the light for these pictures and scoffed a large slice after I was done. I genuinely couldn’t taste the difference to the first slice.
The easiness with which it all comes together is another big bonus. There is nothing technical about it at all. Nada.
You will be a kitchen hero.
But first some ………feel free to scroll past to the recipe below if you’re feeling hungry
Recently I can only seem to gain any control of my children by hitting psycho mode. Until I reach this level they pay as much attention to me as they do the washing machine. It is driving me batty….obviously.
Once I have their attention they then behave as if I have frightened them to death. What the actual????
Recently they have become rather indignant about it. Exclaiming things like “You don’t have to shout!” and “You could just ask!” There was even a “Jesus!”
If I didn’t exist they would live in filth, knee deep in dirty clothes and litter. They would also never leave the house. Unable to coordinate getting dressed with shoes on in under an hour and a half, who would wait?
I feel like I am going crazy with the sheer boringness of it all…….. but then along came this cheesecake and all was fine. So very fine, all smooth and dreamy fine. It soothed my mad woman soul in ways that only a very good cheesecake can. And I was very glad.
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
This is a no bake cheesecake that is absolutely sensational. Mellow, smooth but full of flavour at the same time. It is just as perfect as a dinner party dessert as a Sunday Lunch Pudding.
It is also a great choice for Christmas Day or Boxing Day. The added joy is that it is simple and completely make ahead and just as good 48 hours later.
The ingredients require no more than a bit of bashing, melting and whisking.
I use full fat cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract, double cream, white chocolate, raspberries, butter and custard cream biscuits.
I love the custard cream biscuits here as I feel they are a perfect backdrop to the mellow flavours of the cheesecake filling.
I use freeze dried raspberries to decorate and give a final burst of flavour along with a flourish of melted white chocolate.
I had never used anything freeze dried before but they really are perfect little bursts of raspberry flavour.
You could leave it completely alone too and serve it naked. I kind of like the contemporary plainness of it.
I use a very simple mix of ingredients.
- Full Fat Cream Cheese
- Icing Sugar
- Double Cream, Vanilla Extract
- Quality Cooking White Chocolate
STEP 1 – Making the Biscuit Base
- I use a food processor here as I am all about the shortcuts but if you want to crush up the biscuits by hand then put the biscuits in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Otherwise blitz the hell out of them and add the butter.
- Tip the sandy rubble into your serving dish/tin. I use a spring release loose bottomed 8 ” tin. I think this produces the perfect depth to the cheesecake.
- Chill for 3 minutes in the fridge or 10 minutes in the freezer.
STEP 2 – Whipping Up the Cheesecake Filling
- Melt your white chocolate in 20 seconds bursts in the microwave. I have found that the middle range quality of white chocolate works best for melting. So I use Belgian White Cooking Chocolate. Set it aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl or free standing mixer put your cream cheese, vanilla extract and icing sugar. Whisk until mixed well together. Add the double cream and whisk together until really thick.
- Tip in the cooled white chocolate and whisk again until mixed all the way through.
- Chop up your raspberries and fold through the cheesecake filling.
- Tip onto the biscuit base and use a spatula to evenly spread it. Press down to ensure you don’t have any air pockets.
- Chill for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
STEP 3 – Decorating the Cheesecake
- I simply scatter the freeze dried raspberries over the top and drizzle a little more melted white chocolate over. The result is understated but fancy pants.
- Chill until you are ready to serve.
Tips and Tricks for White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
- Use a 8″ loose bottomed and spring release tin
- Freeze your biscuit base for 10 minutes rather than 30 minutes in the fridge if you’re in a rush
- Buy mid quality cooking white chocolate as it melts easier than the higher quality chocolate but still tastes good
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cheesecake with a tea spoon
- You can freeze these no bake cheesecakes whole. Simply double wrap in clingfilm and then silver foil in your tin. Defrost at room temperature for a few hours.
- You can exactly the same for slices. They will take less time to thaw
Here are some more of my delicious no bake cheesecakes. I love them all deeply…
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
This No Bake White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake is absolutely delicious. A bit of a fanfare but so well deserved here. It is creamy with white chocolate and sweet cream cheese, studded with raspberries and supported deliciously by a custard cream biscuit base.
- 340 grams full fat cream cheese
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 mls double cream cold
- 200 grams white chocolate
- 150 grams raspberries
- 200 grams custard creams
- 70 grams butter melted
- 2 tbsps freeze dried raspberries
- 20 grams white chocolate melted
Melt 200 grams of white chocolate and set aside to cool. I do it in 20 second bursts in the microwave.
Crush 200 grams of custard creams either in a food processor or with the custard creams in a bag and a rolling pin. Add 75 grams of unsalted butter. Press into your 8 " tin/dish evenly with the back of a spoon and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for 10 minutes.
Whisk 340 grams full fat cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 50 grams icing sugar together before adding 300 mls of double cream and whisking until very stiff. Add the melted white chocolate and whisk again.
Chop 150 grams raspberries and fold through the cheesecake filling. Dollop the lot onto the biscuit base and press down evenly and smooth the top.
Chill for at least 5-6 hours.
When ready to decorate melt the 20 grams of white chocolate and set aside. Sprinkle over the 2 tbsps of freeze dried raspberries and then drizzle over the white chocolate.
Apply To Psycho Bitch Face
PIN FOR LATER!