This recipe for No Bake Lime Cheesecake is in my top five favourite desserts of all time and perhaps my favourite of all cheesecake recipes. It is zingy and creamy with a chocolate biscuit base that sets off the zesty lime filling so perfectly it makes me want to inhale the whole lot alone in a wardrobe.
I am particulary fond/obsessed with any no bake cheesecake. It’s something about the luxury, velvety smoothness of them I think and this one is a belter. The ying and yang lime/ dark chocolate combo adds another level worthy of a home cook michelin star, which I am more than happy to award myself here. The bourbon biscuit base has just enough mellow chocolatey depth for the zingy lime topping AND it is so light I can eat at least two slices in one sitting. On top of all that it feeds 10 people easily. Get out the Party Poppers immediately………..
I am not going to lie, I have eaten like a starving fatty on a cruise this festive holiday. Not only have I indulged on the biggie days but also in between and I should be ashamed of myself. But I am oddly not. In fact I have become a little fond of my burgeoning paunch and have found myself caressing it much like a Meghan Markle. I find the gentle swell more than a little comforting…….obviously I am turning into Mother Christmas and quite frankly I am not surprised. I have worked my ar.e off this yuletide. I read somewhere that it should be Mother Christmas not Father Christmas and that couldn’t be more true in my house……. I am responsible for almost every flippin thing in the Christmas Event Management Department.
- All Christmas Dramatic Productions – costumes, learning of lines, rehearsal attendances at 8 b.stard o’clock in the morning, tear inducing hair do’s and general cheerful “break a leg” attitude at all times.
- A hundred quids worth of presents for every single member of school staff that crosses the children’s paths at all and whatsoever…….. Even the mean ones.
- Keeping the children constantly plied with a small fortune to fund a new school mini bus.
- Getting hold of Santa lists, buying all on Santa Lists and then buying more ffs because the list has changed and Santa just ” know’s “
- Making sure that all presents are numerically, monetarily and in all other ways comparable to each other.
- There are more presents than last year.
- The presents are bigger than last year.
- No present is touched, sniffed or even looked at by the other child.
- Complete logistical and silent delivery of Santa’s presents to front room in the correct ” Santa’s wrapping paper ” on Christmas Eve after coping with children that have been completely off they’re t.ts all day and finally fallen asleep twitching violently at 1 a.m.
- Remaining manically full of festive cheer and solid Santa Belief throughout even when you want to smash his face in.
- Stalking, visiting, spotting and tracking Santa/An Old Man.
- Engaging in competitive Elf action.
- Shopping and cooking food for fifty including everything imaginable wrapped in puff pastry, cold cuts from a small herd and posh cheese that stinks the fridge out.
- Ensuring magical and fabulous Christmas for everyone that will stay in their memories until they are 89 years old and can’t remember anything anyway.
I SO deserve this Lime Cheesecake.
No Bake Lime and Chocolate Cheesecake
This no bake cheesecake is absolutely super lush. Literally every time I make it I feel ssssspecial. The chocolate, lime thing is one of those combos that just rock. I have tried it with an Oreo crust but it was too dark. The Bourbon biscuit base has just the right chocolatey depth. I’m sure too that Delia would suggest some zest in there with the juice but I just don’t like the feel of those little bits on my tongue at the end of a mouthful. It just feels wrong, I want smooth and clean.
The making of this cheesecake is just as simple as it gets. A thorough breaking down of the biscuits comes first and I use my food processor. You can use a rolling pin and a plastic bag if you are without a whizzer. After adding the melted butter to the chocolatey rubble smooth the buttery biscuits into an even layer in the bottom of a loose bottomed spring release tin. This is a good system to use if you want to serve the cheesecake out of it’s dish.
I put mine in the freezer for 15 mins but half an hour in the fridge is fine too. You are wanting the base to be very hard. I then add the cream cheese, lime juice and condensed milk to the mixing bowl. Again I use a free standing mixer but an electric hand held mixer will do the job too. Whisk the two until it is thoroughly mixed together. About a minute. I then add the cream and whisk until it considerably thickens. About two minutes more.
Scoop out the mixture onto the chocolate biscuit base. I love this bit, it feels and sounds glorious. Dolloping is underrated. Smooth the top over with a spatula. Lick that spatula clean.
Chill for at least four hours. I also make it the day before. If I leave it overnight I cover it with clingfilm. Either before or just when you are ready for it, grate some lime zest and dark chocolate on top. It really does improve it’s kerb appeal and I love to get the little deeply dark chocolate hits here and there.
This recipe for No Bake Lime Cheesecake is in my top five favourite desserts of all time and perhaps my favourite of all cheesecake recipes. It is zingy and creamy with a chocolate biscuit base that sets off the zesty lime filling just perfectly.
- 397 grams condensed milk 1 tin
- 5 medium limes juice
- 200 mls double cream
- 180 grams full fat cheese
- 20 grams dark chocolate grating over the top
- 200 grams bourbon biscuits filling too
- 70 grams unsalted butter
Crush the biscuits finely in a food processor or using a plastic bag and rolling pin. Add the butter and mix together. The mixture will be a dark brown sandy rubble.
Empty out into the bottom of your tin and smooth evenly over with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer for fifteen mins or fridge for about half an hour or until hard.
Using a free standing mixer or an electric hand held whisk whisk the cream cheese, limes and condensed milk together. About a minute. Add the double cream and whisk until really thick.
Dollop very satisfyingly onto your base and smooth over well. Either now or later when you are ready to serve, grate over the dark chocolate and lime zest.
Place in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Cover with clingfilm if you are leaving overnight.
When ready to serve run a flat edged knife carefully around the outside of the cheesecake before releasing the tin.
Apply To Grinch's Face
This Lime Cheesecake can be made earlier in the day or the day before in the fridge. It does keep for a few days well as left overs with a little weeping.
I do often time make this in a fluted flan dish without easy releasing sides. It generally comes out well with a little confident cutting and digging.
If you warm the limes up they are much easier to juice. The radiator for half an hour is a good one.
Here are a couple of other of my fave No Bake Cheesecakes.