A simple but stunning Lemon Sorbet that delivers every time. I find nothing more refreshing. An absolute godsend when you're hot to trot.
Zingy and Refreshing Lemon Sorbet.
This Lemon Sorbet recipe is about as easy as you can imagine. Before this recipe I hadn't a clue how to make a Lemon Sorbet. I did not realise that it could be so simple. You can use an ice cream maker but I can never be organised enough..... All I have done is pop it in the blender and it has emerged twinkling and as smooth as a baby's bottom. Once the initial lemony smack in the face has passed it is quite possibly the most refreshing thing I have had in a long time! I urge you to try it. It is of course mostly an adult dessert and although high in sugar it's got to be better for the chub rub than a Choc Nut Sunda
But first ..........big pants.
This week I have moved one step closer to my death bed but do you know what? I simply don't care....It just feels so damn good.........This week I have made the full and glorious transition to high waisted big cotton pants.....I am very surprised to feel as I do. I was expecting a kind of hopelessness to descend but instead I feel positively liberated.
I was fed up of the muffin top tummy roll thing above my pants. Bl..dy horrible feeling it under my clothes never mind catching a glimpse. So now with it all contained in breathable cotton I suppose I can forget it's there. It's all I can do not to cartwheel or other such jumpy activities. My middle-aged mojo had obviously been negatively compounded by completely avoidable overspill. Who knew.....
Lemon Sorbet Recipe
This current heat is not a friend of the weighty either. Whichever way I turn I feel the effects somewhere on my body of the dastardly chub rub. I have had to call a complete cessation to all housework. The only thing that has been able to cool my fevered brow is this incredible Lemon Sorbet. I used to love them as a child (weirdo) but had not given them a second glance since. Oh the wasted years.....
If you like this recipe then you may like these
Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- 300 mls Lemon Juice About 6 Lemons
- 200 mls water
- 100 grams caster sugar white
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan over a moderate heat and stir until all the sugar is melted.
- Allow to cool. I put the bottom of the saucepan into a bowl of iced water to seed up the chilling.
- Pour the lemon juice into the syrup and pour into a tupperware box or I use a loaf tin. Freeze for 3 hours before emptying the frozen chunks into your food processor and blitzing it well. Keep going until it goes a much paler colour. Then return to the freezer for a further 3 hours.
- You can of course use an ice cream maker or take the box out of the freezer three times during the freezing time and give it a good whisk.
- Apply to Puckered Face
All nutritional information is approximate and intended only as a guide.