These Nutella Brownies are quite simply AMAZING! I'm not exaggerating either. They bring together all that is fabulous in Nutella and a Brownie to make something moment stopping.....so help me....and now you.
I am slightly obsessed with Chocolate Brownies of all descriptions. My own Chocolate Brownie recipe is my go to, my heaven my own chocolate nirvana. I thought none could challenge it........But I now have a close second. These Nutella Brownies are very good indeed. Try 'em and tell me they're not.
Another massive plus is that they are so easy it just doesn't seem right. I make them from start to finish in a saucepan. No flipping way...
Do scroll down for the complete recipe card below.
How Do I Make Nutella Brownies From Scratch?
- First of all you line your non stick baking tin. I use a Bake-O-Glide liner that is cut to the shape of my 8" square tin.
- You melt the butter and Nutella together in a saucepan over a gentle heat. This whole recipe is made in the one saucepan. Serious Bonus.
- Add the caster sugar and stir well until it's smooth.
- When making Brownies I recommend always using white caster sugar as the unrefined golden caster sugar doesn't give a smooth top to the Brownies.
- This isn't the end of the world in Brownie Land as having a craggy top doesn't stop them being delicious but I think they look better without.
- Add the eggs and stir until they disappear, followed with the flour and cocoa.
- Mix the pants off it until it is shiny and smooth. Fill your lined pan with the brownie batter.
- Bake at 170 C for about 30 minutes. So simplessss.
- I leave them to cool in the tin but do run a knife around the edges to make sure they don't stick. I just line the bottom of my non stick tin.
- Slicing Brownies is a careful affair. You need to not apply too much pressure with your knife due to the fudgy middle (ditto).
- Sawing until you've cracked through is the best idea followed by a gentle push downwards. A sharp knife is best and wipe it after every slice to keep clean edges.
They do keep very well in an air tight tin/tupperware sandwiched betwixt and between with greaseproof or baking paper.
To make them Gluten Free simply substitute Gluten Free Plain Flour for the standard Plain.
What Makes A Fudgy Brownie?
How long you bake them for basically. You want to bake it until it is only thinking about beginning to be cake like. It will carry on setting as it cools too. It is a matter of experience really to get it right every time. I usually want the middle to still be very, very soft when I take them out of the oven.
I have actually put them back into the oven before now to bake a bit longer when I have gone to cut them and realised they are too fudgy.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
The answer to that is yes. Wait till they are absolutely cold. I advise you freeze them intact and uncut in the Brownie slab (wonderful phrase).
Wrap them in a double layer of cling film and then a double layer of silver foil. To thaw simply leave them uncovered at room temp for at least four hours. Slice carefully as above.
- Digital Scales
- Wooden Spoon
- Baking Tin Liner/Baking Paper
- Baking Tin - mine is 8 " loose bottomed square tin
Here is another INCREDIBLE Easy Nutella recipe-
And some more easy recipes
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams Nutella
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 130 grams plain flour
- 40 grams dark cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and line an 8" square tin or 6" by 9" or similar.
- Put the Nutella and butter in a saucepan and melt gently whilst stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Take off the heat and mix in the sugar first followed by the beaten eggs. Add the flour and cocoa and mix until glossy and smooth.
- Pour into your baking tin.
- Bake for 30 mins or so. I use a tooth pick at 25 mins. If the toothpick comes out with only a couple of crumbs then it's done.
- Cool in the tin. Cut into squares.
- Apply to Rolling Eye'd Face.
All nutritional information is approximate and intended only as a guide.
Do let me know how you got on in the comments below or come on over and join me on social media. I love a good old hairy chin wag.
mmmmm Brownies made with Nutella how divine! They look so squidgy and chocolatey.
I know what you mean about men and their ailments!!! Its always so much worse for them than it is for us women! x
thanks for sharing with #Bakeoftheweek
Thanks loads. Thank God for the Brownies is all I can say!!
Jo Allison / Jo's Kitchen Larder
Oh wow, Jenny, you've just made my January that bit better! Brownies and Nutella, I love you girl! 🙂 xx Ps. Hope hubby feels better 🙂
I bring Brownies.....absolute pleasure Jo. Hubby is much improved...thank goodness!
Oh these look amazing. I have never even thought of using Nutella in Brownies until now! #bakingcrumbs
Thank you.They are soooo seriously good.
Cat | Curly's Cooking
Haha what is it with men?! My husband is the same! They'd never dream of acting like that at work! These Nutella brownies look incredible. My idea of heaven!
Dramarama Cat!!! Thank goodness for the Brownies!x
Kat (The Baking Explorer)
Oh wow these look like absolute chocolate heaven!
Lovely easy recipe. Was absolutely scrummy!
Fantastic! It is such a great recipe isn't it. I'm not bonkers about Nutella but I am about these! Thank you so much for letting me know how you got on. I really love to hear feedback.
These are truly amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe these were a huge hit with my nieces and nephews. The adults loved them too.
Brilliant to hear. I jhad the same response here! Thanks so much for letting me know x