Left over Turkey Thai NoodlesJump Straight To Thai Turkey Noodles Recipe
But first………some excess baggage….
Well I am exhausted and considerably more overweight than a week ago. In fact I’m massive, my food belly is about 38 weeks and three days. My head is full of Slimming Soups and Ryvita whilst my heart is still buried face first in the leftovers. I should only be allowed near the fridge under supervision or wearing a gimp mask with my hands tied behind my back. The truth is I cannot be stopped until all has gone and the fridge is bare.I find it impossible to not help myself to a nibble or three every time I pass. I feel like I’m on a Cruise. Has anyone seen the mobility scooters?
This is a recipe for leftover Turkey Noodles and it is absolutely lush. I visited Thailand seven years ago and fell in love with it’s food and flavours. Sweet, salty, with a little heat this is a Satay of sorts, simple and so easy to put together. A most welcome diversion from the pate and cheese. Truly in the spirit of all that is a Xmas leftover. Festive to the last.
Leftover Turkey Thai Noodles
This is a recipe for leftover Thai Turkey Noodles and it is absolutely lush. Sweet, salty, with a little heat this is a Satay of sorts, simple and so easy to put together. A most welcome diversion from the pate and cheese. Truly in the spirit of all that is a Xmas leftover. Festive to the last.
- 3 tbsps peanut butter chunky
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 6 spring onions trimmed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 1/2 lime juice
- 250 grams Turkey slices/chunks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 grams packet of noodles
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Place all ingredients apart from the noodles and turkey into the food processor and blitz to a smooth paste.
- Take half of the paste and coat the turkey with it and place in a moderate oven to warm through for ten mins or until hot.
- Prepare noodles according to instructions (usually just a blast from the microwave)
- Mix the remaining paste with the noodles.I usually chop them in half before mixing to save much tangling.
- Remove turkey from the oven and place on top of noodles.
Apply to Cheerful Chubby Xmas Face.
Here is another simple and delicious Xmas dish – Gammon and Braised Red Cabbage
I think some tender stem broccoli served with a splash of soy sauce is perfect with this.
I have linked this post up with FiestaFriday.net. – The Not So Creative Cook – Ginger & Bread.
I have also linked up with DreamTeam and Cook Blog Share.